A Rainbow & Sprinkles Unicorn Marshmallow Cereal Cake
I just loved hanging with Erin Robinson on the set of her new show, What the Flavor on ClevverTV. She is every bit relatable, adorable and so much fun to be around. It didn't even feel like we were working. I just loved showing her how to make one of my favorite treats in cake form-a ooey gooey marshmallow cereal treat cake featuring the A team or your childhood (Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles & Lucky Charms). We made a "cake layer" of each cereal and put yummy frosting in between. Then because we are both living our best lives, decided to hide Skittles and sprinkles in the middle- cause why not.
This cake would be perfect for a party especially one where you want to show off how amazing you are. Who doesn't love rice krispie treats and candy? Hello! No one! Be sure to watch some fun behind the scenes we did together below.
Then check out the episode here and then be sure to make the cake and post all your gorgeous photos on instagram and tag me @BrandiMilloy and @ErinRobinson.
RAINBOW & SPRINKLES UNICORN MARSHMALLOW CEREAL CAKE
By Brandi Milloy
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 9 cups marshmallows
- 12 cups cereal
- 1-16oz. container frosting
- 1/2 cup sprinkles plus more for decorating
- 3/4 cup skittles or candy of choice plus more for decorating
- cereal marshmallows
- Into a heavy bottom pot, 2 tbsp. butter on medium heat, being careful not to burn. Once melted, add 3 cups of cereal and mix. Allow to cool slightly and then press into 6" round cake pan that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Repeat step 1 until you've made all three layers of cereal cake. Allow to cool.
- Using a biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out a hole in the center of each cake. Set aside.
- To assemble: spread a little frosting onto your cake stand to keep the cake from moving. Place one cereal layer in the center of your stand and top with frosting and sprinkles. Repeat with the next two layers.
- Once you have three frosted cake layers stacked on each other, pour your skittles into center of cake and top with a piece of excess cereal to close hole. Frost your cake and decorate with candy, sprinkles and marshmallows. Serve immediately and enjoy!