I love, love, love fresh figs and enjoy them all season long but I think it's one of those fruits that can be intimidating to people if they don't know what to do with them. What I love about this dessert is it takes little effort to make but the payoff is huge. The light, creamy mascarpone filling with bits of lemon zest is the perfect balance to the fresh juicy figs.
For this recipe you really only need a handful of ingredients: pie crust (I don't mind store bought pie crust), mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and fresh figs. Hello easy street! Also, this is one of those desserts you wanna take to a dinner party or somewhere you can really show it off. After all, it looks SO fancy!
As always-I am not a food photographer even though I wish I was. Will someone teach me in exchange for pies?
Fresh Fig & Mascarpone Pie by Brandi Milloy
- 1 pie crust baked (homemade or store bought is fine)
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb. fresh figs, rinsed and sliced in quarters
- To make the filling: combine the mascarpone, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon zest in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Into a bowl, pour the heavy cream and using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed. Mix for 2-4 minutes until billowy and fluffy and stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in the mascarpone mixture and then spread mixture evenly into pie crust. Top with fresh figs.
- Serve pie with fresh figs so each slice gets plenty of fruit and enjoy!