When Home & Family invited me on the show to share something special for #NationalDonutDay I knew exactly what I wanted to make! These three ingredient donuts are so easy they will blow your mind. Essentially being only 1 ingredient made with biscuit dough, you can transform these donuts into your favorite glazed, cinnamon sugar or jelly donut! For something extra special, stack your donuts on a tiered cake stand and add a few sugar pearls and edible gold to make a donut cake! You can watch my segment on the show here and then scroll down for the full recipe!
Three Ingredient Donuts
By Brandi Milloy
3 packages of biscuit dough (like Pillsbury)
6 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup half & half
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
Vegetable oil, for frying
Edible flowers, for garnish
Gold leaf, for garnish
To make the donuts:
1. Fill heavy bottomed pot (at least 2 quart) with oil, about 3” high and heat over medium heat until 350F.
2. Open container and separate each biscuit. Using a small 1” cookie cutter, cut hole in center of each biscuit.
3. Fry the dough in hot oil for 60-90 seconds on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel lined baking sheet allowing them to cool. Repeat until you’ve fried all of your donuts.
For glazed donuts:
1. Into a bowl, add powdered sugar, half and half and vanilla and mix.
2. Drizzle or dip each donut in the glaze and allow to set.
For cinnamon sugar donuts:
1. Into a bowl, add granulated sugar and cinnamon and mix.
2. Dip each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
To assemble donut cake:
Arrange donuts on cake stand, filling the stand completely to make the first layer. Begin to lay the rest of the donuts on top between each of the first layer to create a sacked cake. Repeat until you’ve created your donut cake! Alternatively, you can also stack three cake stands and fill each with your donuts. Once you’ve created your cake, garnish with edible flowers and edible gold leaf.